Social media experts agree that regular, constant content on social media is the key to successfully promoting your brand. Even in our information-glutted society, regularly communicating with your fans and soon-to-be fans is the best way for people to know about your organization and what it stands for. As you build your audience over time, people will actually look forward to seeing your posts. But be patient. It takes time. And dedication. Generally, experts recommend that you post on social media 2-3 times a day. And there are even key times for most effective viewing. Alex York, a Senior SEO Specialist, found the best times to post on the different social media outlets:
Facebook is still the king when it comes to attracting users on social media. Every day over 1.4 billion users are online using Facebook. Facebook is also the top choice for social media advertising. A full 93 percent of marketers use the platform regularly.
- In general, the best times to post on Facebook are Wednesday at noon to 2 pm and Thursday at 1 – 2 pm.
- Specifically, York found the single best day to post on Facebook is on Thursdays.
- If you want to play it safe, the best times to post are weekdays from 10 am – 3 pm
York found that there are 350,000 tweets sent every minute, so naturally driving Twitter engagement can feel like a needle in a haystack. But relax, there are still some best times to reach users.
- Believe it or not the best day to send out a tweet for your brand is on Friday
- The best time and day to post on Twitter is a Friday 9 – 10 am.
- If you want to play it safe Tweet everyday 10 am – noon.
More than 70 percent of US businesses currently use Instagram and experts predict that number will rise. When it comes to Instagram, York found there are a variety of times you can post to reach users.
- The best time to post on Instagram is Wednesday at 3 pm, Thursday at 5 am, 11 am, and Friday at 5 am. Now, what to do about time zones differences?
- Thursday is also the best day to post to Instagram.
- The safest times to post to Instagram are Tuesday through Friday 9 am – 6 pm.
Try out our suggestions and let us know how they work out. Happy posting!